Best viewed in full screen
Taylor B. Rogers
Email Address: email@example.com
University of Maryland, MPH, Health Equity Candidate Expected May 2018
University of Maryland, BS, Community Health May 2015
Latino and Black Schooling, Minority Health, Health Disparities by Race, Gender, Age and Class, Introduction to Health Systems, Foundations of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Social Determinants of Health, Foundations of Environmental Health, Using Demographic Data for Health Policy Analysis, Health Policy Advocacy and Implementation, GIS for Anthropologists, Introduction to Web Programming
Minority health, racial and ethnic disparities, access to quality healthcare, health equity, reproductive and sexual health, social determinants of health, racism, human papillomavirus (HPV), HPV vaccination uptake and completion, cervical cancer
Centers of Disease Control & Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics Hyattsville, MD
Analysis and Epidemiology Intern September 2017 - Present
- Analyze and verify data, charts, and text for HealthyPeople2020 progress reviews, leading health indicator webinars, and email bulletins
- Publish QuickStats in Mortality and Morbidity Weekly Report related to HPV vaccination rates and NCHS data briefs and reports with senior research analyst on cervical cancer mortality disparities
National Cancer Institute & University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, NE
Research Fellow January 2016 – Present
Project title: Barriers to Follow-Up Screening and Treatment Utilization in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- With a $9,200 grant from the Cancer Epidemiology Education in Special Population fellowship program, I am served as a Principal Investigator on a project I proposed regarding disparities in cervical cancer screening and treatment utilization
- Attained IRB approval, conducted an extensive literature review, recruited eligible participants, trained and managed three research assistants on IRB requirements and study protocol
- Conducted 60 in-depth interviews, managed data collection and oversaw interview schedules and progress.
- Organized completed questionnaires and respective audio recordings for translation and translation from Swahili to English.
- Analyzed data and preparing to disseminate results in a peer-reviewed academic journal.
- Check out the announcement here!
University of Maryland, Maryland Center for Health Equity College Park, MD
Graduate Researcher, Advisor: Stephen B. Thomas, PhD August 2016 – Present
Research activities designed to reduce and eliminate racial/ethnic health disparities by:
- Conducting the needs assessment and data analysis for the upcoming Catholic Charities Susan D. Mona Center for Health and Wellness in Temple Hill, MD community
- Promoting the utilization of colorectal cancer, diabetes, and blood pressure screenings in Black barbershops and hair salons through community engagement via the Health Advocates In-Reach and Research (HAIR) campaign.
- Planning the 2017 Mid-Maryland Mission of Mercy and Health Equity Festival
- Check out my student biography here!
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Baltimore, MD
Research Assistant, Advisor: Molly Mitchell April 2016 - June 2016
- Observed and recorded sales and service practices of alcohol outlets in close proximity to institutions of higher education in Maryland to help schools identify further ways to reduce excessive drinking among students.
- Conducted field observations using an electronic scanning instrument to assess both on and off-sale alcohol outlets in Baltimore County and Annapolis communities.
Rogers, T.B., Boudreaux, M. “Human Papillomavirus Vaccination and Initiation Among Adult Males: The Role of Race and Ethnicity.”
Rogers, T.B. “Barriers to Follow-Up Screening and Treatment Utilization in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania”
Pathak, E., Joyner, S., Rogers, T.B. “Cervical Cancer Mortality: Disparities in Burden and Trend by Age, Race, and Ethnicity”
Rogers, T.B., Boudreaux, M. Human Papillomavirus Vaccination and Initiation Among Adult Males: The Role of Race and Ethnicity. American Public Health Association Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA. November 2017.
Rogers, T.B., Boudreaux, M. Human Papillomavirus Vaccination and Initiation Among Adult Males: The Role of Race and Ethnicity. Maryland Public Health Association. College Park, Maryland. October 2017
Rogers, T. B., Boudreaux, M. Human Papillomavirus Vaccination and Initiation Among Adult Males: The Role of Race and Ethnicity. Public Health Research Day. April 2017.
Scholarships, Honors, and Awards
First Place, Dr. Donald O. Fedder Student Poster Competition, Maryland Public Health Association Annual Conference, October 2017
Cancer Epidemiology Education in Special Populations, Research Fellowship, January 2017. Total award: $9,200
Senate of Maryland Resolution (No. 639), State of Maryland, March 2014
Graduate Research Travel Award, University of Maryland, School of Public Health, Department of Health Services Administration, August 2017
Glen Glass, Maryland House of Delegates Scholarship for District 34A. July 2017
Mary Ann Lisanti, Maryland House of Delegates Scholarship for District 34A. September 2017
Related Professional Experience
Baltimore County Department of Health Baltimore, MD
Prevention Specialist, Bureau of Behavioral Health 2015 - 2016
- Provided health education, community outreach, and promotion of human service programs in substance abuse and prevention and wellness aiming to prevent the use of alcohol, marijuana and other drugs among Baltimore County adolescents
- Conducted needs assessments through focus groups with Baltimore County youth to understand their perspective on the effects and accessibility of alcohol, marijuana and other drugs.
- Partnered with Johns Hopkins, Towson University and the Maryland Collaborative and was trained to conduct environmental scans and data collection at, on, and off-sale alcohol outlets in Towson to create an intervention for alcohol retailers.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Baltimore, MD
Employee Wellness Intern January 2015 – May 2015
- Conducted biometric health screenings and provided health coaching on the improving weight, BMI, waist circumference, cholesterol, and blood glucose results to improve overall health of Bayview employees.
- Designed health awareness materials that were distributed to Bayview employees
- Created surveys to evaluate programs and events then analyzed the results and created data reports and graphics on the qualitative and quantitative data
- Developed and implemented two seminars about nutrition for Bayview employees.
Health Leads, Incorporated Baltimore, MD
Mid-Atlantic Program Intern February 2014 – August 2014
- Recruited, interviewed, selected, trained and managed volunteers at University of Maryland, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, George Washington University and John Hopkins University.
- Redesigned the “Scope of Services” Google site page for volunteer use.
Girls Health Ed. Washington, D.C.
Social Media Intern September 2012 – December 2013
Children’s National Medical Center Washington, D.C.
Health Leads Patient Advocate 2012 - 2013
- Maryland Population Research Center, Student Research Affiliate 2016 - Present
- Maryland Public Health Association, Member 2016 - Present
- American Public Health Association, Member 2015 - Present
- Maryland State Society, Member 2014 - Present
STATA Analysis (Intermediate), SAS programming and analysis (Novice), ArcGIS (Novice), Microsoft Excel (Advanced), Microsoft Publisher (Advanced), Microsoft PowerPoint (Advanced), Gephi (Novice)
Social & Behavioral Research – Basic/Refresher, CITI Program Expires March 2020
CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Expires April 2018